Monday, December 2, 2013

Short-toed Lark

I have been out of circulation for the past three weeks, mainly dew to the fact that a local railway bridge upgrade had my land-line and internet disconnected for some time.  Added to the fact that I was busy in work prior to a holiday to the Cape Verde Islands off Senegal and west Africa.  During this period I made two visits to Cork and Ballycotton, where I caught up with the Short-toed Lark for my year list and managed to find a Red-breasted Flycatcher, Pied Flycatcher, Common Redstart,  juvenile American Golden Plover and saw a White-rumped Sandpiper, Yellow-browed Warbler and an adult Sabine's Gull at Cobh.  Below are a few shots of the Short-toed Lark from the beach at Ballycotton.
Short-toed Lark at Ballycotton beach © John N Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment