Saturday, April 28, 2012

Marlfield Lake

I was in the mountains of North Waterford today and on my way home I had to pass through Clonmel, so I called in on one of my favorite sites for Gadwall in the country, Marlfield Lake just outside the town.  There were eight pairs of Gadwall, lots of nesting and newly hatched wildfowl.  Still hoping to find Garganey or Night Heron at this site but unfortunately the winds over the last few weeks have not been favorable as they have been Northerly for ages.

 Baby Little Grebe
 Gadwall
 Eurasian Coot
Drake Mallard & baby

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Gadwall shots. Love the Mallard pose though - class! I won't be back for at least a week Murf so you should get some decent birds and weather in the meantime ;-)

    Oh and read yer email!

    ReplyDelete