Monday, April 9, 2012

Mayo

I have been busy working a few sites in County Mayo over the last few weeks and have not had much of a chance to update the blog (as Floss keeps reminding me).  While in Mayo I come across loads of Crossbills on a daily basis in spruce and lodgepole pine plantations and a few other nice odds and ends.

 I come across Crossbills every day like these males © John N Murphy
Siskins are nesting in many Mayo plantations © John N Murphy
 Coal Tits are plentiful in the spruce plantations of North Mayo © John N Murphy
 Skylarks are back on their territories © John N Murphy
A small herd of Red Deer, North Mayo © John N Murphy

1 comment:

  1. Firstly I'd like to say "Woo Hoo I'm famous now" ;-) Secondly, about time too on the blog update. Them there Crossbills are like mini-parrots almost.

    ReplyDelete